Tuesday, January 22, 2008

so the next best thing is..

The lecture continued. What about this time? As usual, more input was imparted by Sir Edwin, and this time I think the subject was not as difficult as the first time. At least the terms taught that day were not as strange as the first lecture. Furthermore, I have prepared myself before the class. I guess this is one effective away to add up the understanding of the lecture.

Throughout the class, I listened attentively and tried to imagine few things elaborated. The stage, the acting, and the songs are among the few things I tried to visualize. Since I have never watched a staged play, it was not easy to do so. There is one part I remember about the stage of one drama. At a scene of a war, the actors went out to act the battle at an open space and the audience had to follow them. After the scene, all of them went back into the building to resume. If only I could watch it! The elaborated and newly discovered input by Sir Edwin had strangely awakened my interest to watch a drama; I mean a real drama, not a rubbish one.  Hope one day I will be able to watch a play.



1 comment:

hazleen said...

i am surprise to know that there are other people that share the same feeling with me! after the second lecture with Dr.Edwin, i am very eager now to watch any play or theatre. before this, i will assume that those who watch theatre are people who has a boring life as they willing to spend their money (as the cheapest price to watch a theatre is more than rm10!)only to sit and watch the play then go back. but now, i am eager to go and watch theatre, as i really want to experience the feeling of being an audience.