Sunday, January 20, 2008

the first tutorial

Answering tutorial is one way to explore our depth of understanding about any subject. This is what I have learnt during the first tutorial class where we were given a set of questions. At a first glance, the questions seemed to be as easy as ABC for me. I thought that those questions were just like any other literature questions that I have encountered before. That does sound boastful, indeed I was very wrong. My answers, unlike my expectation, were rather terrible. Not much of them met the requirement given by Miss Baiti. The answers need some thorough thinking before simply being put down as text. For the last half an hour, I suffered individual embarrassment silently. Why? I learnt my lesson that day. Consequently, I began to think deeply before writing any answer down. If I still got them wrong at least I did not write them hastily.

At the same time, during the first tutorial class, I might be categorized as ‘lost’ since my answers were terrible, as explained previously. This is perhaps due to my poor understanding of the drama discussed, “Oedipus Rex”. However, how could I understand the drama properly before attending its lecture and discussion in class? I mean, Sir Edwin has not given us any lecture on the drama; we were just straight away given the questions to ponder about. Is this just an excuse for the poor answers? I hope not. Hopefully I will get better understanding and produce better answers later.
As a conclusion, I know I should think thoroughly before writing any answers..think Kausar..think!!

No comments: